Friday, October 11, 2024

Anubis - The Unforgivable (2024)

The seventh album from this band from Australia.

The band is a sextet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

A female vocalist delivered vocals on two tracks.

This is a band I have known since I started with reviewing progressive rock. But I have lost contact with the band and their albums in the last five years. I think there is a couple of their previous albums I have to review.

Their music has always been muscular neo-prog with a lot of progressive metal influences. 

That is also the case here. The music is muscular, epic neo-prog with lots of Dream Theater influences. Add Porcupine Tree and Kansas too and you get their more heavy influences.

The music is still melodic and elegant. The vocals is good and the musicians too does a good job.

There is a lot to enjoy here. Both the melodies and the details is good and this album is for me a welcome reminder how good this band is.

Check out this album.

3.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment