Monday, October 9, 2023

Metallica - 72 Seasons (2023)

The 12th and so far latest album from this band from USA.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

I really liked their Death Magnetic and Hardwired albums. Albums who were a sort of return to form again. The good old thrash metal days of this band.

72 Seasons therefore got my approval and a purchase. 

Strange..... I always mentioned Ride The Lightening, Master Of Puppets and And Justice For All when I are mentioning their old albums. These three albums was their second, third and fourth album...

Their debut album was Kill Em All, though. Why do I mention this album ? It is this album I find as an obvious reference when it comes to 72 Seasons. The difference is that Kill Em All is a better album.

The music on 72 Seasons is pretty primitive speed and thrash metal. It sounds like the band has given up as the music sounds forced and not so inspired.

It feels like the band is living on their old albums and is selling out the arenas based on old songs and albums. The songs on 72 Seasons, all of them, falls well short of their acceptable standards.

Hence, I am not particular impressed by this album.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment