Monday, October 18, 2021

Efecto. El - Memórias Do Fogo (2018)

The fifth album from this band from Brazil.

The band was a seven piece big band with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, ukulele, clarinet, flute and vocals.

The band had help from numerous other musicians who provided percussion, woodwinds, strings and vocals.

This band is a somewhat mystery to me. 

Their music is very much based on vocals and I do not speak Portuguese. In short, maybe I am missing the point here as my reviews of their five albums is based on their music alone.

Their previous album was on those terms a good album. I therefore had hopes about this album.

The band has again reversed to being a vocals dominated band with shouting and some strange vocals. The music is a bit mix of folk, post-punk and post-metal.

The music is not good at all. It is barely decent and there is not much here to feel joyful about.

This band is a bit of an enigma to me and as this is so far their final album, I will leave the band like that.

1.5 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment