Sunday, February 26, 2023

Amon Düül - Collapsing (1969)

The second album from this band from Germany.

The band was a ten piece big band with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, piano and vocals.

I reviewed their debut album and their third album ten years ago before I gave up on them due to the abysmal bad quality of those two albums. 

My attention was then drawn to the far superior band Amon Duul II and I reviewed all their albums instead. 

The original Amon Duul split into two bands before the release of their debut album. This band and Amon Duul II. This band did release five albums, and I am reviewing the three remaining albums this winter, before they split up and reformed again in Great Britain under the same name in the 1980s. Confused ?

It is claimed that the band did one long jam session, split the tapes into three parts and released three albums from this session.

That explains the total lack of quality control. This half an hour long album has a few minutes of piano, vocals and guitars. The rest is mindnumbing percussions.

The result is horrible and the reason why I waited ten years to complete my reviews of their albums. This album is a waste of time like the other two albums I have reviewed too. It is a turkey.

1 point



No comments:

Post a Comment