Sunday, October 15, 2023

Cross - Wake Up Call (2012)

The ninth album from this band from Sweden.

The band was a trio with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, taurus, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

Some guests added violin, electric violin, keyboards, male and female backing vocals.

This band's album art-work and nationality has drawn me in and so much that I have so far reviewed half a dozen of their albums. It has seldom been a satisfactory experience.

I really liked and highly rated their previous album, The Thrill Of Nothingness from 2009. I had some high hopes for Wake Up Call.....

The music on this album is a mix of art-rock, pomp-rock and some neo-prog.

The music is pretty elegant and bold. 

There is some hints of the Scandinavian symphonic prog sound here too. But only hints as the production and sound is thoroughly in the pomp vein.

The songs on this fifty-five minutes long album is decent enough and just that. This band does not give me much joy, I am afraid.....

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment