Thursday, November 16, 2023

Strawbs - Settlement (2021)

The 24th album from this band from Great Britain.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, electric dulcimer, organ, keyboards and vocals.

Three guests added bass and female vocals.

I have not had the chance to listen to a Strawbs album for many years...... not since I reviewed all of their twenty plus albums. I got their two newest albums in my hand now and that gave me the chance to listen to their music again.

The band is one of the best ever folk rock bands ever.... That means world wide too.

The band has always been crossing over to progressive rock on their albums. The Settlement is not an exception from this rule.

The music is at times pretty complex whilst it is still folk rock. Complex folk rock is what we get here. The folk rock is pretty acid too.

The songs are mostly good and that makes these forty minutes enjoyable and stimulating.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment