Monday, October 3, 2022

Enslaved - Eld (1997)

The third album from this band from Norway.

The band was a trio on this album with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

I reviewed their first two albums ten years ago or so for ProgArchives. I was in touch with the band back in 1993-94 when I wrote for a couple of magazines. 

I now intend to complete my reviews of their discography..... starting with Eld.

Eld is a continuation and at the same time, a development on the music they released as the Frost album back in 1994. 

The band has reurned to their viking themes again. The band was never really a black metal band. They were a viking metal band and the creators of that big genre together with the Swedish band Bathory.

This album starts with the long 793 Slaget Om Lindisfarne opus and this song has a lot of interesting themes. It is one of their better opuses/songs of all time.

The rest of the album is a bit short on quality and they also introduces some black metal elements into those songs. 

The result is a decent to good album and an album who encourages me to explore this band. Which I will in the next weeks and months.

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment