Sunday, August 8, 2021

Dear Hunter. The - Act I: The Lake South, The River North (2006)

The debut album from this US band.

The band was a duo with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, piano, keyboards, programming and vocals.

They got help from some guests who provided trombone, trumpet, French horn, organ and vocals.

I am again doing a full review of a band discography. This time of this US band's discography, starting with their debut album. 

Their cover art work has most certainly caught my attention and so has the album titles. 

I have heard a lot about this band. I have also heard that their music is somewhere between The Mars Volta and Coheed And Cambria. Two bands I have avoided so far. Maybe I should include those two bands in this blog too.

The music has some vaudeville rock elements too and some post-hardcore elements. It is pretty melodic throughout and the vocals are really good. At the time of this album, their debut album, The Dear Hunter was only a side project of a post-hardcore band and was not taken too seriously.

The music is pretty good though and is well worth checking out. There is a lot of good details here and the post-hardcore breaks up the music who could have been too sugar-sweet, too much like Muse.

It is a barely good album but I am already looking forward to sink my ears into the rest of their albums + upcoming albums.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment