Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Pholas Dactylus - Hieros Gamos (2019)

The second album from this Italian band.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, organ, piano and vocals.

Nobody thought this band would release a second album after their debut album released in the 1970s. That album is regarded as one of the more challenging albums from the Italian progressive rock scene, the RPI genre.

But they returned in 2018 and released this album just before the covid epidemic hit us all. I have no idea about their plans now.

Hieros Gamos is another challenging album.

It feels like bits and pieces has been thrown together to form a three quarters of an hour long album.

None of the bits are that good and I am a bit saddened about this album. I feel sad because this album is only a decent album in my ears.

I am not won over by their comeback album.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment