Thursday, August 12, 2021

Old Dead Tree. The - The Perpetual Motion (2005)

The second album from this French band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

The band returned again for their second album of in total three albums they released. I have been told the band has no plans whatsoever to return again.

This album is widely regarded as their masterpiece. 

The music is a mix of post-metal, progressive metal and death metal.

There is a French off beat ambience and sound in their music. Their music is a bit of a diversion from the Anglo-US version of these three genres.

The vocals is a mix of clean and death metal growls.

The music is decent enough. I am not a fan of this type of music. 

Fans of post-metal and extreme metal should check out this album as it has it's qualities. I tries to avoid this genre and I find things here I really like.

That says a lot about this album.

2 points

 

No comments:

Post a Comment