Saturday, July 15, 2023

Lumsk - Fremmede Toner (2023)

 

The fourth album from this band from Norway.

The band is a seven piece big band with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, violin, keyboards and vocals.

Lumsk debuted in 2003 and went on a long break after their 2007 album. Hence, they have flown a bit under my radar although they are popular in Norway and I have heard their name mentioned many times. I thought they were a goth folk metal band and that is not something that I find interesting. 

I was wrong.

The music is melodic folk rock with some prog rock and metal influences. Take Folque and mix them with Mostly Autumn. 

The good female vocals are in Norwegian, German and in English. The sound is great and the music is rather mellow. There are some progressive metal scattered around but there is not much of it.

There is some very good male and female vocal harmonies on this album too. 

The music is mellow and at times pretty pastoral. There is a lot of progressive themes and melody structures throughout this album. 

The music is also good throughout and I should check out their first three albums.

Check out this album.  

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment