Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Giardino degli Specchi. Il - Monstrum (2022)

The second album from this band from Italy.

The band is a trio with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars and synths.

I thought I had reviewed their Ep and their first album years ago. I have not so I will get  hold of those two releases and review them next year or so.

This band is from Italy and it is not an RPI band. The band is a post-rock band. There are bands with similar names (seen from a pair of Anglo-Scandinavian eyes) and that may have caused me to believe I already knew this band.

I don't.

Their take on post-rock has a lot of post-metal and indeed, metal influences.

The music is pretty brutal and not for those who think post-rock should be ambient and gentle. The music here is not.

The quality is not bad either during these fifty minutes. It is somewhere between decent and good. I am not won over but I will add this band to the list of bands I am following. 

2.5 points

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment