Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events (2011)

The 11th album from this band from USA.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

I am continuing my run through the Dream Theater albums I did not review ten years ago for ProgArchives. Studio albums, that is.

I was living in the belief that all their albums was good albums and that I was not going to get a nasty surprise during the reviews of their albums.

Wrong.

A Dramatic Turn Of Events gave me a nasty shock and a wake up call.

The band has simply run out of good ideas on this very long album. It clocks in at seventy-seven minutes and there is not much to scream hooray about here.

I catches myself many times thinking that I must have heard this theme of music before. When investigating the matter, it turns out that the band has changed some chords on a previous album and presented this as a new theme on this album.

Not good at all.

The vocals is good and the musicians is good. There is not enough guitar solos here as John Petrucci's guitars must have been put in a prison cell and made unavailable for it's owner. 

The result is a decent album and by far their worst ever album.. so I hope. I still have four albums of them to review. Please make A Dramatic Turn Of Events their worst ever album...

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment