Monday, April 15, 2024

My Dying Bride - Evinta (2011)

The 11th album from this band from Great Britain.

The band was a duo with a lineup of electronics and vocals.

A handful of guests added cello, viola, piano, keyboards and female vocals.

I am always looking forward to reviewing EPs or albums from this band as it is one of my alltime favourite bands. So I started to listen to this album...#

... An album that felt a bit odd.

This is not really a proper studio album. It is re-worked for cello, viola, piano, vocals and keyboards old pieces of music. Pieces from their long career.

This album is also long and comes as a double CD.  

Some of the pieces is some I recognise from previous albums. Other pieces are so re-worked that I am not able to recognise them.

All of this also has a lot of electronica and some male and female vocals.

This is really an avant-garde rock album and much more avant-garde than a normal album from this band.

Some of the stuff is good and some of it is decent. I am not won over but this album still deserve some attention.

2.5 points

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment