Friday, December 24, 2021

Grails - Redlight (2004)

The second album from this band from USA.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, violin,lap steel guitar, guitars, dulcimer, organ and piano.

A guest added some saxophones.

Grails is a band whose music takes me faaaaar outside my comfort zone. I am now reviewing their albums and that is a challenge.

Their music is based on post-rock. On this album, add a lot of folk rock too and a lot of ambience. Add a lot of pastoral psych rock too and some space rock.

The music is pedestrian and it is not particular dynamic. 

The music is pretty primitive indeed.

I am not really won over by this album and find it hard to write much positive things about it.

I understand the music but it is still only a decent album.

2 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment