Saturday, September 3, 2022

Lindberg. Jonas - Pathfinder (2016)


 The debut album from this artist from Sweden.

Jonas Lindberg does the moog, mellotron, bass, keyboards, mandolin and some vocals on this album.

He had help from some guests who contributed with drums, percussion, guitars, organ, keyboards and vocals. Both male and female vocals.

Jonas Lindberg has released two albums. The last one a couple of months ago and my review of that album will follow next week. 

To my annoyance, this album went under my radar back in 2016. I am not a fan of singer-songwriter albums. This album is far from that genre.

Jonas Lindberg leads us nicely into the Scandinavian symphonic prog forest. The Flower Kings and in particular; Kaipa is two very good references here.

The usual Swedish folk music references are also here.

The melodies are epic and the vocals is good. Both the male and the female vocals.

A couple of better tracks would have benefited this album. It is still a very good album and I am really looking forward to sinking my ears and brain into his new album.

3.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment