Saturday, April 6, 2024

Flax - Flax Tracks (1986)

The third and final album from this band from Norway.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, harmonica and vocals.

I have always had a soft spot for this band based on their second album Monster Tapes which I bought on LP forty years ago. I regard that as the first ever heavy metal album from Norway. A controversial opinion.

I have also friends from the band. 

I am now being... has been for a couple of days, confronted by this forty minutes long album..... 

The music is a mix of hard rock, rock'n'roll and pub rock. There are also some very bad 1980s rock and funk here too. 

Despite of friendships, I have to be honest and publish an honest review. That is that there is nothing to like on this album. 

This is an album best forgotten as it is a turkey. That is the only thing I can say now. Avoid this at all cost.

1 point



No comments:

Post a Comment