Saturday, September 28, 2024

Methexis - Potential Deltas (2024)

The fourth album from this band from Greece.

The band is a one-man-band with Nikitas Kissonas playing all the instruments, that means guitars, electronics and vocals.

I really liked the first two Methexis albums and gave them both good ratings in May 2016 in # 1 of this blog. I have by accident bypassed the third album Topos from 2018.

So I was happy when this album showed up in my inbox. 

Potenitial Deltas gives us three quarters of an hour with some Frank Zappa like ditties and sillyness. The final minutes of the album is a pointless ambient dirge.

The contrasts between the good and the bad music on this album is pretty huge and I have been struggling with this album. The vocals is good though and ditto for the more jazzy bits. There is not enough of the jazzy bits though.

Frank Zappa fans will like this album a lot. It is a decent album in it's own right too. I am not won over.

2 points

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment