Monday, May 6, 2024

Year of No Light - Ausserwelt (2010)

The second album from this band from France.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, vocals and electronics.

I reviewed their 2006 debut album Nord for ProgArchives back in June 2011. One album I liked and I cannot understand why this album I am now reviewing has been in my archive, awaiting a review, since 2011. The band has in the meantime released three more albums. Albums I should review.

I will see what I do here.

The music on this album is heavy and doomy post-metal. Gloomy too and there is a lot of post-rock on this album too.

The music is bold and epic. The music is like a big wall of sound. But there is still melodies and subtle details here.

The result is a good album and a reminder that this French band is well worth checking out.

3 points




 


No comments:

Post a Comment