Thursday, March 28, 2024

Turbulence - Binary Dreams (2024)

The third album from this band from Lebanon.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

I have to admit that their first two albums flew well under my radar. Progressive metal is not a genre I find very interesting. 

I got this album sent to my inbox and this is how this band came to my attention. 

Myrath and Orphaned Land is the bands who put Middle-East and Arabic progressive metal on the map. Turbulence follows in their path and a scene has been formed.

There is not that many Middle-East or Arabic influences here. The band has gone for an US progressive metal sound.

The vocals is slick and so is the music.

Lots of good guitars and keyboards. Lots of good vocals. There is not many surprises here though.

The result is somewhere between a decent and a good album. Progressive metal fans should pick up this album, though.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment