Thursday, July 25, 2024

Look To Windward - The Last Scattering Surface (2024)

The third album from this band from New Zealand.

The band is a one-man-band, Andrew McCully, with a lineup of bass, programming and vocals. 

Some guests added their guitars and vocals.

I have heard a lot about this band during the last ten year and I presumed that I had reviewed their first two albums. That is not the case, I can now see. I need to rectify this later on, either this year or next year.

The music here is melodic prog with some folk rock and psych rock influences. 

There is a lot of female vocals here over some mid-tempo songs. There is also some ballads here too. There is a lot of Mostly Autumn vibes here.

The music is pretty good and workman like competent. It never really surprises me with brilliance... of which there is none.

The result is a pretty good album and one to check out if melodic rock/prog is your thing.

3 points

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment