Sunday, October 2, 2022

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (2007)

The ninth album from this band from USA.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, synths and vocals.

Some guests added spoken words.

The quality of their albums has been impressive high since they started out, eight albums ago. It is therefore always interesting to get a new album from them. I am purchasing their albums out of habits and a love for good music.

We get the usual mix of symphonic prog and progressive metal on this album.

With one jarring exception. The six minutes long Prophets Of War which in my ears will forever be a crime against my finely honed ears. This song is not a tragedy.... The current war in Ukraine is a tragedy. But I very much dislike this six minutes long 1970s sounding disco song.

The In The Presence Of Enemies, pt 1 is by far the best piece of music and it is a great piece of music. Pt 2 is not bad either. 

The overall rating is therefore a good rating. I like this album and I also like the fast-forward button when the album reaches this hideous Prophets Of War song.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment