Sunday, January 29, 2023

Czyszy - UwU Slaughter (2022)

The sixth album from this one-man-band from Poland.

Marek Krol does the guitars, bass, electronics and keyboards on this album.

I got this album some weeks ago and put it up for review. This was before I got to know this project.

The Bandcamp site gives me the impression that this is a cartoonish symphonic prog/neo-classical project.

..... Which is not far away from the truth.

References are ELP, Anyone's Daughter, Trace, Pink Mice and Ekseption.

There is a lot of substance and indeed good music on this album. The album is dominated by keyboards. Nevertheless, the music still feels a bit organic and not as a far out keyboards assault on our senses. 

Clocking in at forty minutes, this is actually a good album and a very nice surprise. It also tells me that I should check out the other six albums too... including the new album.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment