Saturday, February 17, 2024

Motorpsycho - Lobotomizer (1991)

The debut album from this band from Norway.

The band was a trio on this album with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

A guest added organs.

This is a band I have known since their second album. But I have never really dared to approach their music. This was when I went through my extreme metal and progressive rock phases. I have seen the very positive reviews of their albums done by other reviewers. But I have never been brave enough to dive into their world, their records.

I am going to review all their twenty-five plus studio albums this year and very probably well into next year and # 4, the next edition of this blog.

What do I expect from this band ? Lots of space rock albums. 

Lobotomizer gives us forty minutes of spaced out metal. Is there something called psych metal ? That is what we get here. Spacy psych metal.

The music sounds fresh, naive and very harsh and hard. Maybe a bit heavy too. The vocals are OK.

This album is an acceptable album and a decent one too. It is their debut album and the start of a very long career.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment