Thursday, July 18, 2024

Fonderia - Dinamo (2023)

The fourth album from this band from Italy.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars and keyboards.

I did not expect this album and I was therefore pretty surprised to learn that Fonderia had returned after a thirteen years long break.

I reviewed their first three albums in ProgArchives back in 2010 and I liked them a lot. They were some of the albums that opened my eyes to fusion, jazz and some more non-linear music. More challenging music, in other words.

The fifty minutes long Dinamo gives us music somewhere between fusion and progressive rock. It is more stripped down music than on their first three albums. 

The music is dynamic mid-tempo and well performed. It is not really that interesting though as it does not offer up anything special.

This is a decent enough album but nothing more than that. Their first three albums is far superior to this one.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment