Sunday, November 28, 2021

Fermata - Pieseň Z Hôľ (1976)

The second album from this band from Slovakia.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of bass, percussion, bass, guitars, organ and synths.

A guest delivered violin and harp.

The music scene from the Eastern Bloc, hidden behind the iron curtain, had a lot of very good bands. Bands with no exposure here in the west. 

Fermata really proves this point. 

Their debut album really got my attention and a good review from me. As I got a handful of their albums to review this winter, I was really looking forward to sink my ears into their second album too.

The music is again fusion with a mix of rock and jazz. Mostly jazz, I have to say when it comes to this album.

There is no really great pieces of music here. But the opening track is very good and the rest of the album is good indeed.

This is another album who never got the attention it deserved because of this East/West conflict in Europe. Attention it now deserve.

Those who likes fusion with lots of guitars should get this album.

3 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment