Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Ordinary Brainwash - I'mNotAddicted (2014)

The fourth album from this one-man project from Poland.

Ordinary Brainwash is mr. Rafal Zak on guitars, drum machine, bass, programming, keyboards and vocals.

The neo-prog and melodic prog scene in Poland is big. Far bigger than I originally thought as I have found some new and old addition this year alone.

Some choose to go it alone and play every instruments in addition to compose all music.

Rafal Zak is one of them and he is to be applauded for his so far five albums on the Ordinary Brainwash name.

I take it that he think Facebook is an ordinary brainwash. I disagree but this disagreement has not influenced this review whatsoever.

The music is what matters here.

The music is a mix of epic and melodic neo-prog. The piano playing is impressive. The guitars and bass too is good. The vocals is fitting this brand of music.

The music on this one hour long album is indeed very good and this band has shot up the list of my favourite Polish neo-prog bands. I need to invest my money in Rafal Zak's four other albums too.

3.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment