Saturday, July 16, 2022

Anvision - New World (2016)

The second album from this band from Poland.

The band was a quintet on this album with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, synths, keyboards and vocals.

I reviewed their 2012 debut album Astral Phase some years ago for # 1 of this blog. I was not impressed. I do not have their last album and will probably bypass that album as their music is not my kind of music.

Anvision does progressive metal.

There are some poppy pieces here and they sounds a bit like Dream Theater too.

Their take on prog metal is in other words pretty standard.

The vocals and guitars are OK. They are not good. The keyboards are OK too.

There is nothing here I do really rate. Albums like this is one of the reasons I am no fan of prog metal.

The music is decent enough though and fans of this genre should check out this album.

 2 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment