Thursday, February 15, 2024

Glass Hammer - Arise (2023)

The 22nd album from this band from USA.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

A guest added guitars.

My exploration of this band has been on and off in these three editions of this blog. I have reviewed most of their albums, but some are still remaining. I will plug these holes in due time.

I have always associated this band with muscular heavy prog and symphonic prog. Their music were very symphonic prog, almost ambient symphonic prog in the beginning if my memory serves me right.

They then moved over to becoming a heavy prog band.

This is where we find this album. The music is heavy. It is also grungy and has some King's X influences. Lots of them, indeed.

The vocals is a mix of female and male vocals. 

The quality of their songs is surpringly weak. I have always rated this band highly and what this one hour long album gives me is not always good.

The result is a disappointment somewhere between decent and good. 

Glass Hammer is still one of the better progressive rock bands. Check out this album.

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment