Sunday, June 25, 2023

Pluto - Voyage Into A Dreamer's Mind (1980)

The debut album from this one-man-band from Norway.

Pluto is Peter Espen Guthe on guitars, synths, electronics and vocals.

Pluto/Peter Espen Guthe has released three albums. This one has been re-released on CD through Norske Album Klassikere and the second album is currently being crowdfunded.

Pluto was totally unknown to me until I became aware of the Norske AlbumKlassikere series two years ago. I purchased this album but it took one year before I started to listen to this album.

The album title says a lot about the music here. Soft symphonic prog with a lot of Genesis and Camel influences. This is how it was sold to me and this is what I get from this forty minutes long album. I would though add Mike Oldfield to this list of influences. 

Peter Espen Guth had the same attitude to music and the studio as Mike Oldfield did. Something we can hear on this album.

There is a lot of soft electric guitars here in the Mike Oldfield, Anthony Phillips and Andrew Latimer vein. The ten pieces of music on this album has been maximised. 

The music is understated and softly spoken. It is also good and this album has grown on me and that a lot. 

Mike Oldfield, Genesis, Camel and symphonic prog fans should really get this good album. It is indeed a hidden gem in the scene.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment