Thursday, September 28, 2023

Metallica - Death Magnetic (2008)

The ninth album from this band from USA.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars and vocals.

Some guests added strings.

Metallica....... I, as many else, became a fan after their Master Of Puppets album. I still like that album, Ride The Lightening and in particular And Justice For All a lot. The latter one is my all time favourite album.

Their debut album Kill Em All is a more than decent album. I understand why they did The Black Album and respect it. Load, Reload, St.Anger and in particular S & M however is pure disasters. It was followed by the Lulu disaster released after Death Magnetic. The remaining three albums, Death Magnetic, Hardwired and their new album 72 Seasons........ 

As an old fan, I decided to run through them this fall and add my reviews to the many hundreds, if not thousands of reviews, each of these albums has got.

Death Magnetic is a return to their thrash and speed metal days. It is like a simplified version of Justice For All, but with a far superior sound.

Death Magnetic is not as unrelenting intense either. 

Nevertheless, this sees the band returning to good form again. The overall quality is good indeed and I have no problems welcoming back Metallica to my list of great bands.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment