Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Cross - Gaze (1996)

The fourth album from this band from Sweden.

The band was a quartet on this album with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

A guest added additional drums and percussion.

I got a handful of albums with this band and they are up for review this summer.

They have so far released twelve albums and there is some notable gaps in my collection of their albums. Their first three albums, for a start.

But I am cracking on with this album, the almost seventy minutes long Gaze from 1996.

The music is a mix of art-rock, hard rock and neo-prog.

The vocals is not particular good and it sits in the sound on the top of a pretty generic 1990s guitars and keyboards/synths soundscape.

There are some hints of talent here. Nevertheless, the songs are decent but never really interesting or good.

I hope the other Cross albums I got is better than this album. 

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment