Saturday, August 7, 2021

Karmamoi - Room 101 (2021)

The fifth album from this Italian band.

The band is a trio with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and female vocals.

The band had help from a handful of guests who provided flute, violin, piano, keyboards, solina, moog and vocals.

This is my first ever meeting with this band who has been around for a decade. They are pretty big but they have not really got my attention. That is my fault and nobody but my mistake.

This album is inspired and lead by George Orwell's 1984 book. A book that has inspired hundreds of other bands and albums too.

Their music is a mix of heavy prog and neo-prog.

They got female vocals and quite a commercial sound.

The music on this one hour long album is a bit of a grower. It is not an immediate hit.

However.... this is not a good album either. Some parts is good, some parts are decent. This album feels slightly bland. I am not entirely won over.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment