Friday, December 16, 2022

Estate Di San Martino. L' - Febo (2007)

The debut album from this band from Italy.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, flute and vocals.

I got their brand new 2022 album sent to me from the band for review. I thought I had reviewed their first three albums already. That was not the case. 

So I had to dig out these three albums and put them on my reviews list before the end of the year. Then I can review their brand new album.

A bit stress but also a great pleasure. Music is mostly always a pleasure. 

The band released a vinyl single back in 1978 and then they split up. Now, they are back again. 

The music is RPI. Very much so RPI. 

There is a lot of Pink Floyd but also a lot of Banco and PFM in their music. The music mostly pastoral and symphonic too. But not as symphonic as in most of the symphonic prog bands. The music is symphonic as in RPI. 

The vocals are both male and female. They are really good too. Ditto for the sound.

The result is a good, bordering to a very good album. An album that put the band on the map. 

This is an album and a band RPI fans should check out.

3 points

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment