Monday, April 4, 2022

Crime in Choir - Trumpery Metier (2006)


 

The third album from this US band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, guitars, synths, piano, keyboards and saxophone. 

A guest provided bass.

This band released four albums between 2002 and 2009. I am reviewing this after mistaking this as being a brand new album. 

No harm done...

I am by no means a fan of instrumental progressive rock. There is a lot of that around. Vocals gives music a bit of a focal point. A necessary focal point in most cases.

Trumpery Metier contains forty odd minutes with some eclectic prog. Add some jazz and symphonic prog and you get this.

The music is pretty interesting and quality wise somewhere between decent and good. I think I have got my fill of this band and will not pursue their other three albums.

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment