Friday, February 23, 2024

Looking Glass Lantern - A World of Great Invention (2020)

The fourth album from this band from Great Britain.

The band is a one-man-band with Graham Dunnington on computers, guitars, bass, synths and vocals.

I reviewed his newest album, the 2023 album A Victorian Christmas Compendium, back in December last year. Yes, I reviewed it last Christmas. 

As I have got all his albums and has reviewed all but two of them for my three blogs, I thought it was a good idea to also review the remaining two albums. The first one being this album.

The band and it's sound has always been sailing close to the sound and music of the Dutch duo Us. 

That means pedestrian, pretty slow paced neo-prog with a lot of symphonic prog influences.

There are some interesting details here and the vocals are OK. Most of the stuff here are decent enough, interupted by some good pieces of music.

I am not entirely won over by this album. Hence...

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment