Friday, November 12, 2021

Iron Maiden - Senjutsu (2021)

The 17th album from this British band.

The band is a sextet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

A keyboard player adds some keyboards too.

This band needs no introductions and I make no excuse when I declare myself as a fan of Iron Maiden. This based more on earlier albums than the latter ones.

I am not big enough fanboy to declare that they are gods and untouchable. This review is based on the usual methods (of madness) used on my reviews in this blogs.

The band is still very strong when it comes to musical skills. Nicko has probably done one of his finest ever albums. Steve is great and the three guitarists are delivering their goods. Bruce too is great.

The songs are growing on me. But not fast enough. I think this album is more for my old age, me sitting in a rocking chair and drinking coffee through a straw, than the current state of mind. 

The songs are too much following the Iron Maiden formula and there is not a wow factor here.

This is still a very good album from the kings of heavy metal and an album well worth checking out.

Iron Maiden is still one of the best bands on this planet and they deserve a lot of credit for this album.

3.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment