Friday, December 31, 2021

Trettioåriga Kriget - Till Horisonten (2021)

The tenth album from this Swedish band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, violin, keyboards and vocals.

I did not expect a new album from these Swedish veterans. But I got a very nice surprise when I learnt about this album. 

The band album debuted back in 1974 and joined the heavy prog genre. That album was pretty heavy. I have reviewed all their albums and I really like this band a lot.

This band has an x-factor charm and a lot of good music too. I like their albums.... most of them.

The band has returned again with an album best described as a proto-symphonic prog album.

Barclay James Harvest, The Moody Blues and early albums from themselves is the best reference. Welcome back to 1970.

The vintage keyboards and the good Swedish vocals adds a lot to this album. There is a lot of melancholy in this album too. The vocals speaks about times long gone. Indeed, the melodies does the same.

The songs are also good and listening to this album is a good way to close down this year. 

A good album, indeed.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment