Thursday, May 25, 2023

Scaladei - School Of Pure Soul (2023)

The second album from this band from Spain.

The band is a trio with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, mellotron and vocals.

I have not had the chance to sample their debut album so this is my first meeting with this band and their music.

The album has been released through the Bandcamp label 5 Lunas Producciones. A record label with some albums I will explore a lot more of in the future. 

The music is progressive rock. Progressive rock with a lot of hard rock and progressive metal influences. 

I guess the label "heavy prog" is the right one on this album. An album clocking in at seventy minutes.

But there is more to this album than just hard music. There is also some more mid tempo and more slow reflections on this album. There is also some folk rock and jazz influences here. Subtle, but they are here.

The music is also pretty bombastic at times.

There is also some more Spanish pop and rock here. I first thought this was a weakness with this album and due to bad sound. But no, this is actually their local scene and I accept it for what it is.

The result is a good album and one who deserve a lot more attention in the scene. I hope they will get it.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment