Monday, November 15, 2021

Magnésis - Légendes de nos campagnes (2021)

The 12th album from this band from France.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of percussion, drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, piano, mellotron, programming and vocals.

Two guests added their narration, vocals and keyboards.

I do not deny that I regard Magnesis as one of the best progressive rock bands ever to come out of mainland Europe. I base that on the eleven reviews I have made on their eleven albums. 

Yes, I have reviewed all their previous albums and it is now time to review their new album.

The band has taken the inheritance from Ange and added some more colours and flair to their take on symphonic prog. That also goes for this album too.

The result is a very French eccentric album. I cannot for the life of me imagine that any other band and individuals from other nationalities would have come up with an album like this... and most of their previous eleven other albums.

Magnesis music is also eclectic and eccentric. It is also bold and melodic.

This album has seven shorter songs and one half an hour long suite.

All of the music is very good and this album is at times a joy to behold. The sound and the vocals elevates this album too being a great album.

Magnesis is a band every symphonic prog fan should know.

4 points

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment