Saturday, December 2, 2023

Mangeur De Rêves - Vivre et Mourir (2023)

The second album from this band from Canada.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, piano, synths and vocals.

This band is from the French speaking part of Canada, the Quebec province and I noted in my review of their debut album that they should be included in the Quebec scene genre. 

Their new album has not made my change my mind. On the contrary, it has just enforced my view and their place in the Quebec scene genre.

They still sound a lot like Harmonium. There is also some of the teeth from the British folk rock scene here. Cano is also a band with references on this album.

The vocals is very good and the music is very pastoral.

This is a good album and one which will find favour among both the Quebec scene and the folk rock fans.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment