Thursday, September 14, 2023

Dungen - Dungen (2001)

The debut album from this band from Sweden.

The band was an eight piece big band on this album with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, sitar, violin, keyboards, saxophone, flute and vocals.

I only knew about Reine Fiske, the guitarist in this band, before I purchased their albums. I really admire his work in other bands. This is why I will review all their, to this date, nine albums during this fall. 

I am on for a bumpy ride, I found out during listening to this, their debut album.

The music is based on folk rock. The folk rock has a pretty strong psych rock influence too. Add some jazz and you get the picture.

The Swedish vocals adds a lot of colours to the music. 

The music is pretty quirky. Some of it is pretty eclectic too.

Although I did not expect this type of music when I decided to review Dungen's nine albums, I have now got used to the music. This is a good album from a band who are not afraid to stand on their own feet. I really like their attitude and the attitude on this album.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment