Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Bengal - From Outer Space (2021)

The third album from this band from France.

The band is a sextet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, grand piano, keyboards, synths, sequensers, samples and vocals.

I have not had the chance to pick up their first albums from their Bandcamp page so this is my first meeting with this band.

I thought this was going to be, as advertised, a psych rock album. That is a genre I really like.

I was wrong and the psych rock label is totally wrong on this album.

What we get is a mix of grunge, nu-metal and some hard rock.

Linkin Park springs to mind with the rap and hip hop.

The music is not a disaster. I have heard worse bands than this. 

I am by no means won over as I am no fan of this music. 

The quality is half decent and I am not falling over in joy about this album.

1.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment