Sunday, October 16, 2022

Viriditas - Red Mars (2018)

The debut album from this band from England.

The band is a sextet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, male and female vocals.

This is a new band to me. The band is from Hampshire down in England and their three singles and two albums has been released through Bandcamp. The two albums has also been released on CDs too. The second album, the 2021 album Green Mars, will be reviewed next week.

The band gives us an hour with a blend of Mostly Autumn like folk rock, symphonic prog and neo-prog. 

In short, my kind of progressive rock. Most prog fans would agree with me. So why did it take me until the beginning of this year to hear about this band ? I am sure that is entirely my own fault.

The twin female and male vocals is really good. The six short songs, shorter than ten minutes in other words, is good and the same can be said about the almost half an hour long We See Red opus. 

This band has in short delivered a good debut album and I am going to follow this band with a great deal of hope and interest in the coming years. This band is one of my best finds of the year.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment