Sunday, October 24, 2021

Enid. The - Touch Me (1979)

The fourth album from this British band.

The band was a sextet on this album with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars and keyboards.

A guest provided oboe.

When I decided to review all/most of the The Enid albums, I knew I was right up for a challenge. I am no fan of classical music. I find classical music snobbish and not really my culture.

And The Enid did indeed serve up a challenge to me. That is, their albums.

Touch Me is one of these challenges.

The music is classical music. Or cinematic music if too be fair.

We get keyboards here but not as bombastic as Keith Emerson gave us in ELP. The Enid has a different take on keyboards driven classical music.

The music is more pastoral, indeed.

The music is not bad at all. This is a decent album but I am not really won over.

Check out this album if classical music is your cup of tea.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment