Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Ancestry Program. The - Mysticeti Ambassadors Part 1 (2021)

The second album from this band from Germany.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, loops, saxophone, kazoo, keyboards and vocals.

They had help from a handful of guest who added their guitars, cello, violin, clarinet and saxophone.

Their 2020 debut album Tomorrow was an impressive album and I really rated it highly.

I did not get the follow up, the one I am reviewing now, until some days ago and I was very pleased when it arrived.

The Ancestry Program plays a form of muscular neo-prog with lots of progressive metal influences.

This album is seventy minutes long. The songs are long and full of intricate details.

The music is also pretty melodic and has some very good melody lines.

The vocals is good and the musicians does a great job with some really intricate and difficult music. 

The end result is a very good album and one I really find enjoying. Both for my brain and for my soul.

Check out this album.

3.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment