Thursday, January 13, 2022

Neograss - Talisman (2021)

The fourth album from this Norwegian band.

The band is a duo with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, banjo, guitars, keyboards, programming and vocals.

The band returns after a nine years long break.

I liked their first three albums and the release of this album therefore came as a nice surprise for me at the end of the year. 

The music is a blend of neo-prog, rock and a bit Americana.

The sound is pretty big and fills the speakers very nicely indeed. That is not that often with albums from duos.

The music is a bit too much straight forward rock. But the Americana elements and the prog elements are pretty good and makes the music pretty more interesting.

The vocals are good too.

Most of the music is good so I will give this a good rating. This album has not entirely won me over but I still welcome this duo back to the scene. More albums, please.

3 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment