Thursday, August 31, 2023

Drudkh - Microcosmos (2009)

The seventh album from this band from Ukraine.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

I started to do reviews of this band's album back in 2010 for ProgArchives. The first five albums was reviewed there and then the sixth album for # 1 of this blog in June 2012. Then I stopped reviewing their albums. I got no idea why. 

I will now review the rest of their albums this fall. 

Their seventh album sees them going down a pretty standard black metal path. Their music has some Ukraine folk rock influences. But that is all. 

The music reminds me about the Frost album by Enslaved.

The music on this forty minutes long album is decent but nothing more than that. I have heard this band do better albums than this one.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment