Sunday, September 5, 2021

Nine Skies - Sweetheart Grips (2019)

The second album from this French band.

The band is an eight members big band with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, saxophones and vocals.

Some guest musicians added their drums, keyboards, guitars and vocals too.

Their 2017 debut album Return Home impressed me and I was very happy when their new album arrived. Then I discovered that this was in fact their third album. So I went back and got their second album too. The one I am now reviewing.

The music is neo-prog.

Neo-prog with a lot of soul and theater vocals. A bit of a musical at places. But not many places.

The main body of this album is solid and very good neo-prog. The band is French and they are to a large extent also following in the French tradition of theater and emotional vocals and music. Some of the vocals are female too.

I really like their first two albums and I will soon get on to reviewing their new album too. An album I also liked before switching back to their second album and reviewing this album instead.

Check out their three albums.

3.5 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment