Monday, September 26, 2022

Crypt Sermon - The Ruins of Fading Light (2019)

The second album from this band from USA.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

I am not a big fan of heavy metal. In fact, I try to avoid this genre to the best of my ability. 

Their two albums was sold to me as doom metal albums. I really like doom metal. I do not review/listen a lot to doom metal though and I thought reviewing both their two albums would redress this balance.

The debut album had too much heavy metal for my liking. But I still lived in hope when I gave the follow up album my attention.

There is still a lot of heavy metal here. The balance has been nudged a lot more towards doom metal though and references like Candlemass becomes a bit more evident.

The end result is a decent enough album which does not impress me that much. Neither does it offend me.

Check out this album.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment